POSITION: PROJECT COORDINATOR – WATER SECTOR
REPORTING TO: GENERAL MANAGER
OVERALL ROLE OBJECTIVE:
The role of the Project Coordinator – Water Sector is to assist with strategic projects and manage small-scale projects independently, from initiation through completion with the outcome resulting in on-time/on-budget delivery according to specifications. The role will also involve supporting other Departments in preparing project management tasks.
The post holder will:
1) PROJECT MANAGEMENT
- Assists with the management of water projects for the successful achievement of the company’s projects goal
- Coordinates water project tasks as assigned by his/ her supervisor:
- Organizes projects in a manner that leads to successful solution delivery
- Facilitate the requirement gathering information from various departments and externally to enable the creation of the engineering solution
- Ensure all project documentation is available, approved and filed for accordingly and in an organized manner for each project milestone
- Ensures project deliverables are correctly defined, assigned and produced on time
- Follow administrative processes per department procedures and practices
- Capture, communicate and track the status/impact of CAPEX to project teams and stakeholders
- Ensure project activities comply with the department, quality, and regulatory requirements
- Ensures that milestone-based project schedules are created up-front and agreed
- Ensure all project documentation is available, approved and filed for each project milestone:
- Ensures that routine status is accurate, timely and effectively communicated to stakeholders as per department procedures and practices and project activities are actively managed
- Facilitates conflict management at a project team/delivery level
- Identifies and mitigates project risks by exercising risk management best practices
- C) Takes on other supporting activities as dictated by the needs of the department and the business and is prepared to support travel as required based on project requirements
- Performs effective stakeholder communications
- Performs sponsor communications as well as expectation setting for small scale projects
- Communicates with external sources (vendors, contractors and employers) as needed for assigned projects
- Actively engages in all levels of Engineering Projects and departmental communications
- Bachelor’s Degree in Water Engineering or any other similar (equivalent) educational field
- Equivalent previous experience working in a water project(s) for 2 – 5 years
- Experience leading a team and water projectfrom 1-3 years
- Project Management Certification will be an added advantage
- A Master’s Degree will be an added advantage
- Good verbal and written communication skills. Use of Microsoft Office tool suite
- Ability to drive projects to successful delivery within constraints.
- Ability to lead, plan, organize and control effectively.
- Ability to identify risks and perform effective risk mitigations to ensure successful project delivery.
- Ability to perform effective problem-solving.
- Excellent team management skills
ARE YOU QUALIFIED?
Kindly send your Application letter and CV to email@example.com. Please indicate the position you are applying in the subject field
The deadline for the application is: 4th November 2022