Stock Controller Job Description
Reporting to: HoD – Trading
Supervising: Loaders, all assigned and eligible
Tracking deliveries, opening and closing stock, overseeing inventory audits and maintaining stock reports, maintaining and managing the warehouses are properly arranged and structured. Great familiarity with supply chain procedures and good communication skills to interact with vendors, clients and internal teams.
Duties and Responsibilities;
- Conduct close monitoring and recording of all in-coming and out-going stock from the store by salespeople
- Conduct close monitoring and recording of closing and opening stock
- Assist in ensuring proper reconciliation of sales and stock
- Forecasting supply and demand to prevent overstocking and running out of stock (OOS)
- Submitting purchase details (vendors’ information, invoices and pricing) to internal databases
- Submitting inventory forms to the stock supervisor and/or finance and operations department
- Manage the warehouses that stocks are well arranged and structured
- Oversee the storage of products, particularly of fragile items
- Coordinate regular inventory audits
- Keep updated inventory records (including daily shipments)
- Ensure purchases do not exceed budget
- All and any other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounts, Finance, Business Administration or relevant field
- 3+ years experience as a stock controller
- FMCG will be an added advantage
- Proven work experience as a Stock Controller, Inventory Manager or similar role
- Good understanding of supply chain procedures
- Active participation in inventory audits
- Excellent organization skills
- Good communication and negotiation abilities
- Strong work ethic.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Meticulous attention to detail.
- Computer literate.
- Proactive nature.