Marine Division was established in early 2017 with a motive of conquering Marine Sector in Tanzania. The establishment of this division is a conscious response to the challenges that are facing the Marine Sector in both Shipbuilding and Fisheries ranging from poor infrastructural development, inadequate human resource, poor technology, poor vessels, poor fishing gears, disorganized fish market and low technical knowledge of fisheries projects operation etc.
Dar es Salaam Merchant Group aspires to transform the Marine sector by integrating Shipbuilding and Fisheries. We have in-house experts in both Shipbuilding and fisheries, we work with local and international reputable partners.
Marine Division Timeline
Ship Building Unit Started
– Signed Partnership Agreement with three Korean shipyards – Gasentec, Kangnam Corporation, Korea Ship Building Co., Ltd
– Awarded contract to supply spare parts for TPA for two years
– Commissioned and supplied one Hydrographic Boat at TPA
– Awarded rehabilitation of MV. Tanga – TEMESA
– Awarded rehabilitation of MV Kitunda – TEMESA
After Sale Service
DMG has in house experts who can design and supervise building of ship per customer requirement
DMG has experience in Ship repair works such as Hull, Machinery repair, modifications/ conversions
1. During warranty period we take good care of the ship and ensure that all equipment and machineries are operating accordingly.
1. Stability booklet